Recent Graduates & RDHs Moving To Colorado!
Learn more about Getting Licensed in Colorado with the NEW informational sheet from CODHA.
ALL the links you need compiled into one document for you!
ALL dental hygiene licenses in the State of Colorado must be renewed by February 29, 2024.
Visit our License Renewal page for more information.
Some people are not aware that ALL dentists and dental hygienists renew their license at the same time. ALL dental professionals are due for license renewal by the end of February of even years. Please spread the word!
Apply for a Colorado License
- Colorado Dental Board Website
- Application for Original License (Apply Online)
- Permit to Administer Local Anesthesia (Apply Online)
- Approval to Place Interim Therapeutic Restorations (Apply Online)
- Renew Your License – next renewal is February 29, 2024
- Other Applications and Forms
- Military Spouse Temporary License Information
- As of January 1, 2021, military spouses can apply for a three-year temporary license at no cost if they are licensed to practice in another state.
Colorado Laws and Rules
- Colorado Dental Practice Act – 2022
- Dental Board Rules and Regulations – effective January 9, 2023
- Recent Legislation
- House Bill 1227 (Sunset Bill) – 2014
- 2015 Update Fact Sheet (including CE Requirements summary)
- 2016 Legislative Update Fact Sheet
- Prescriptive Authority Agreement Template – Drafted by CDA and CODHA
- Colorado RDH Scope of Practice Info Sheet – Updated July 2021
- Colorado CE Requirements for RDH – Updated April 2021
- Colorado Dental Hygiene CE Tracking Form – (Created by CODHA)
The Colorado Dental Board is the regulatory agency of the dental hygiene profession. See the website to review your legal requirements for maintaining your license and your practice. Encourage consumers to look up licensing information of the dental hygienists and dentists in the dental office where they are considering treatment.
For information about the Colorado Dental Board, applications, and full updated documents, please visit